Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Doldrums

If you haven't noticed, I like that word. I'm tired. I'm reading Cry of the Kalahari by  Mark and Delia Owens. It's a really good book, about a couple who go on a research trip, to the Kalahari desert, and wind up living there for seven years. I just got to the part where they were talking about how lions kill giraffes. It's sad. It gives a detailed description of the hunt, and it's rather pathetic. The giraffe, I mean. The animals are incredible. My favorite is Captain, the black-backed jackal, who steals Mark's shoes on their first night there. It's really amazing, and I'm not even half-way through. I wonder if I can post some pictures?
Yes! That's Pepper, one of the brown hyenas. Wild. Brown. Hyenas. Cool, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. What, the thing with Captain? I don't know what you're laughing at!

      Delete